Monday, October 3, 2011

Livin' la vida loca!

10/3/11

Greece, Greece, Greece!  Today is the day i have been waiting for since July!  We are going to Greece!  I am beyond exciting!  Can you tell?

We started off the morning crossing the Dardenelle Straight to the other side and then headed to the boarder.  About 30km away we ahd to transfer buses into this really nice new mercedes bus.  We all got really excited cause of how nice the new bus was!  While changing buses we had a small rest stop with a Burger King in it.  Normally I am against fast food but after two weeks of Turkish food, me and half the group lined up for something we knew.  I got a milkshake and french fries and boy was it good!  I forgot how good milkshakes were!  I think after being gone we all needed a little taste of home...no matter how greasy.  Now off to the Greecy boarder...haha




Turkey said goodbye to us and we said hello to Greece!  After we went through Greek customs a funny joke got played on us...We had to change buses again.  That nice new mercedes bus was just our "transfer" bus.  Now we got a nice barney purple bus with a blue and yellow interior with a funky smell.  Tight.





After about 45 minutes we stopped to exchange some money and grab lunch.  We didn't realize how good we had it in Turkey with the Dollar being higher than the Lira.  Exchanging money was fun there you got about 1.8 Lira per dollar.  Exchanging into the Euro was not fun at all!  you got 1 Euro per 0.7 Dollar.  I felt like someone had just stolen all my money!  After we got the depression of money exchange over we headed out for some Gyros and OH MY GOSH were they amazing.  Literally the best food i have had in weeks.  I cant even being to tell you!  But it was a Pita bread with a cheese spread, fresh shaved chicken, tomatoes, french fries, and ketchup rolled up together in one delicious wrap.  YUM!

After Lunch we headed towards our hotel which was about 2 hours drive.  The ride was completely worth it!  We arrived around 4:30 and our hotel was on the beach again!  This time however, we had enough time to play!  We all ran to our rooms, changed into our suits and ran out to the water!  For like 3 hours we all played in the water having a great time.  The water was beautiful and clear blue!  I fell in love already!  I can't wait for tomorrow to see more!







1 comment:

  1. All I can say, every time I read your entries, is I wish I were there!!! What an amazing experience. I have fallen in love with Turkey and Greece now too!!!

    ReplyDelete